Christmas cookies are my jam! It’s no shock that we love all treats, but when you add a dash of holiday to a cookie, we’re all in. For December’s Pie Club, we found it imperative to sneak a Christmas cookie or two into our pie. I’m sure you understand that sometimes one dessert just isn’t enough.
We scoured the Internet and our pie books, and became convinced that a Gingersnap Streusel topping would be the icing on the cake of our Apple Cranberry Pie. (Like the mixed dessert metaphor I just did there?)
It was so delicious that we felt it absolutely necessary to share. If your Christmas pie needs a little pizazz, whip up this bad boy. We promise it won’t disappoint.
HOW TO: Gingersnap Streusel
Full Recipe: Gingersnap Streusel
- 15-20 gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Put the gingersnaps in a food processor and pulse until the cookies are in small chunks
- Add cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, and butter. Pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle over the pie filling of your choice.
- Bake, serve, and enjoy the fact that you clearly have your #pieorities in order!